You’ve invested time and money in your home, so why risk damage to your property by having substandard exterior siding? It’s your first line of defense against the elements, be it rain, wind, snow or sleet. It’s also one of the first things anyone arriving at your home will see, including potential buyers. Investing in quality exterior siding will define your home—from stucco, to brick, to vinyl, it’s an opportunity to show off the home’s curb appeal.
Before you replace or repair exterior siding in Fort Worth, TX, it’s worthwhile to consider all the possible options. Read on to learn more about some of the advantages and drawbacks associated with each popular type of siding:
- Stucco: This is a classic look that brings a unique and immediately recognizable aesthetic. On top of that, stucco is very durable, with an epoxy that prevents cracking and chipping. The issue is that stucco requires multiple coats, which can add extra labor costs. It’s also not a great option for those who live in more humid climates.
- Fiber cement: A mixture of materials like sand, cement, clay and fiber means you’ll have a low-maintenance and stable exterior siding. This is a flexible material that can mimic stucco, and it’s easy to paint over with an attractive finish. However, this heavy material requires special installation, which may lead to higher costs.
- Brick: Homeowners love the traditional look of brick, and this material has a long-lasting durability. It also doesn’t involve much maintenance. But brick is expensive compared to other exterior siding choices, and there is a limit on color options.
- Vinyl: This is a comparatively inexpensive and versatile choice that can be installed quickly. Vinyl comes in a wide range of colors and textures, so you can have a look that resembles wood or stone. On the other hand, dirt and grime can build up on vinyl, requiring maintenance. Additionally, vinyl is somewhat more susceptible to weather damage.
- Wood: This material is easy to cut and shape and is beloved by homeowners for its natural appearance. With proper maintenance, wood can be a long-lasting siding option. However, if you’re looking for a quality wood grade, you are going to pay a premium. Wood is also vulnerable to termites.
Are you looking for a leading general contractor in Fort Worth, TX to tackle your siding project? Then you’ve come to the right place! New Creation Construction has been the region’s leader for more than three decades. We provide outstanding customer service and quality remodeling and handyman services. No job is too big or too small for our talented team of technicians.
New Creation Construction is a family owned and operated business that can do almost everything: kitchen and bathroom remodels (cabinets, countertops, appliances, tubs/showers, flooring, lighting), interior and exterior painting, all forms of flooring (tile, carpet, laminate, hardwood) and backyard additions (fencing, sheds, pergolas). Give us a call right away to learn more about our services and receive a free quote!
Categorised in: Remodeling & Renovating